Wednesday, June 19, 2019

He is the God of the Valleys


Do you ever have one of those Valley times in your life? I think I'm in one now. Have been for a little while. I've struggled to write because I don't know the words to say. I also don't want to just put ALL my feelings out here in the blog-o-sphere and have people misunderstand me or even mock me.

But nonetheless I have been and am still a bit in a Valley time. The times when you feel you aren't hearing from God, nothing is going "right" (whatever "right" is), and you just feel blah. I'm getting better, I think, but these times are hard. You feel out of place or even numb, but still need to do the daily stuff -- eat, chores, take care of kids, pay bills, go to events, work, church -- and this can be very difficult when you are in a Valley.

My biggest hurdle in the valley times is staying connected with my Father in Heaven. He's really the only one who can reach me and help me maneuveur through the valley to start the climb of the next mountain. And He's willing to do just that, even carry me in parts of the valley. He's there for you too. He IS the God of the Hills and the God of the Valleys. This song really capitalizes this thought -- that our God is with us through the thick and thin, the hills and the valleys, the desert and the bountiful.


I am glad and very thankful that I have the Lord to lean on during these times of struggle, doubt, and even some slight unbelief. Not that I'm saying I don't believe in the Lord, just unbelief in circumstances that happen and hit you like a ton of bricks. That's when He carries you and me. We need to lean on Him for our strength. We need to TRUST Him that He knows what is best for us and not determine our path by our circumstances, but allow the Lord to lead us, guide us, and direct us in all we do, even in the Valley times.

It's been a few months and I feel I'm toward the end of the Valley. This is where it's hard -- you can see the climb ahead, but don't know if you have the strength to go on. But I know my Lord will carry me if and when I need Him. He will wipe away my tears, hold my hand, comfort me when I need it most no matter where I am on the journey. He is my one true constant when circumstances seem dim and confusing.

I pray you have this same deep understanding -- that the Lord God is your daddy. He will carry you through the Valley and remain with you on the mountaintop. He will NEVER leave you or forsake you. You are HIS child and He will do ANYTHING for you. So whether you are in the Valley like me, or on the mountaintop, or somewhere in between, talk with Him, lean on Him, and know that the Lord has your back. He IS the God of the Valley.



1 comment:

Sherri said...

I am so sorry, but thankful you are doing better and leaning on God. I love the last pic "He is God in the hills and God in the valleys."

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker