Monday, February 4, 2019

Current Reading in our Home - February


I figured I'd take a few pictures and give you a glimpse of the current reading we are doing in the house.  

These are on my side table.  Two are being read by my son out loud and the other one is one I'm reading ... slowly. Can you figure out which is which?

This one is the read aloud I'm doing for the whole family.  We are going to go through all of Narnia into spring. After each book we'll watch a movie and then discuss the similarities and differences and work through the RAR study guide.  Later this month we'll be joining a live podcast with a Narnia expert. 

These are on the side table of my eldest daughter.  This top book both my girls and son are reading for church. I think my son and I will be reading it together and discussing.  It's for a financial planning class at church.  

This book is one my daughter randomly picked while at the library. She's chosen to continue the RAR read Aloud challenge for the rest of the year ... reading 10 min a day for fun ... her choice.  This is HUGE!! Keep letting (and sometimes making)  your children read even if it's easy or under their age/ability. It really does help their mindset change about reading. 

This last set of books are those we had gotten at the library for last month RAR book club about Snowflake Bently. Then we had a cold snap and part of the Polar Vortex swing by, so we got some more books on snow and I tried to capture snowflakes on camera ... which is WAY harder to do. 



What are you reading?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker