Wednesday, October 10, 2018

CashCrunch Careers ~~ A New TOS Review!!

My two older children are thinking a lot about what they will be when they grow up so I was intrigued by the CashCrunch Careers survey created by CrashCrunch Games that we had the opportunity to review on whether it would match up to what they have been thinking they want to be later in life. My 13yo has landed mostly on becoming a Culinary Chemist. My eldest, well she's waffled between an author, a marine biologist, and just recently a farmer (which could be influenced by our new location where we are surrounded by corn and soybean farms.)

So what is CashCrunch Careers? It is a 75 question survey where you pick between 2 choices and then it calculates your results to try and match you with a career you will enjoy and excel at that career. The survey should take you less then 20 minutes, unless you are like me and can't decide which of the two choices you feel you lean more toward. I find these types of tests very difficult and I think I personally spend too much time thinking instead of going with your first feeling.

My younger daughter had a hard time choosing between the choices as well. My eldest seemed to not have as much of an issue with the choices. After you complete the survey you will get a detailed report of what careers might suit you best. And one more thing about those choices if you hover over a word choice it will give you alternate definitions. This is what helped tip the balance for my younger daughter. She always chose the more 'creative' of the two choices.


Everyone that takes the survey will need their own login information. Your detailed report consists of 5 areas and then you can explore the last one fully with a selection of other resources including videos and other information in the more specialized sections of the larger career paths.

The first section is your career work style where it depicts your way of doing things and how you would like to do it. These were more accurate then I anticipated. Here's a glimpse of ours.


Next were the motivators and de-motivators -- what keeps us ticking. However, I'm not sure my younger daughter answered the questions well because this section doesn't really seem like her. But maybe it's her true self or the one she will become.

The career attribute section shows what you are instinctively good at and which careers those attributes would be best suited. I felt these definitions "fit" my girls well.


The career match and matching jobs area give 20 fields each are general fields, but both my girls and I received a very similar list. Fortunately if you click on one area it will pull you into another area that will give a myriad of fields within the general field. My eldest explored most of this on her own and I caught her reading through many of the suggested fields and such.

My younger daughter (just 13) has an idea that she is going to be a Culinary Chemist. The survey did not initially pop that out, but one of the areas was Food Services Managers which I thought might give her some more details. As we explored we found there were many schools near us in SW Indiana that have a degree that would fit her end goal (there are apparently only 5 in the country who are actual Culinary Chemists ... not sure where she got her facts.) As I zoomed in I found there was a college that is in the next town over that has a degree close to that career choice. Also in this section there is a place to watch videos on different aspects that fall under Food Service Managers so she watched a few of them. They were all under 2 minutes long - brief little snippets into that career.

One of the schools listed
The goal with the survey is to find a good matching career since you will probably be working in that field for a majority of your life, might as well be something you like and are good at, not just a fall back or convenience. And the opportunity to explore each career further is a wonderful resource to have at your fingertips.




I did feel that the 20 job choices were very generic, except for one or two. And they were all "managers" and not a lot of outside the box thinking kind of careers. I'd be interested in seeing what my sons results would be, but since he is just 9 I don't think he could clearly distinguish between the 2 choices on the survey for each question. I think he will enjoy the CashCrunch games that are available on the website for free. They deal with ways to learn about money and choices. We just haven't had much time to explore the games with moving between SC and IN and driving back and forth so much.

I hope you take the time to read what other Crew members discovered about their career choices and path for their children by clicking the link below. You can also find CrashCrunch Games on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.
CashCrunch Careers {CashCrunch Games Reviews}




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker