Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Creation Is Everywhere - A New TOS Review!!

I have found it hard to find good, meaty magazines that are suitable for the whole family.  One company I have been eyeing for years is Creation Illustrated.  And you will never guess (or you already have) ... I was able to review a whole year's worth (4 issues, one for each season) and we were thrilled!

Photobucket
The Product:
Creation Illustrated magazine has for 19 years been "dedicated to sharing the wonders of God's creation in nature, in Scripture, and in living."  Created by a Christian couple, Tom and Jennifer Ish, whom wanted to provide reading material for the whole family with a positive outlook. They have also homeschooled their daughter for all 13 years!

Each magazine comes out once a quarter and is divided into three areas helping to provide a balance between our physical, mental, and Spiritual sides hoping to be a source of stress relief to our busy, fast-paced lives.  Each issue has articles, stories, recipes, kids photo contests and an instructional guide at the back with discussion questions that coincide with all the articles along with recommended devotional readings.
Photobucket

You can get a one year subscription (4 issues) for just $19.99.  And you can get a FREE issue (retail value of $4.99) to check out and see if this is something you and your family would enjoy. That is 5 issues for under $20. You can also get subscriptions of 1, 2, or 3 years and when you pay by credit card you can get another $5.00 of savings. Now, that is a great value! And you can even check what articles and features they have in upcoming editions.

Our Experience:
As soon as we received the magazines, my daughters were drawn to the beautiful covers.  It was as though you were right there on the other end of the camera and not just looking at a photo.  The photos are BEAUTIFUL! And they have super close-ups of anything from bees, to flowers, to birds to panoramic views which make you feel like you are right there experiencing what you are seeing.  I think that is my favorite part.
Photobucket
Audrie was the first one to know we had the magazines and wanted to look at them all at once.  I have a picture that I will post once my camera and computer start talking to each other again.  She keeps coming and asking for the magazine with all the pretty pictures in them so that she can look through them.  She's also been able to try and read some articles (more try because she is still learning how to read well.)

Arianna has read many articles on her own.  I think one of her favorite's was called "God Loves Strays."  After she read it I was able to check what she learned by using the discussion questions at the back of the magazine.  The questions were able to point me in the right direction of what to ask her to ensure she really got the message out of the article.

My husband even had a chance to read one of them.  He did what he normally does and scan through to find articles that he was interested in - he was intrigued by the Christian Highlights and Christian Stewardship sections that can be found in the middle of each magazine.

Photobucket
My Thoughts:
I have been wanting to see a copy of Creation Illustrated magazine up close and personal since I first heard about them and they do not disappoint. It's almost like reading through a Christian version of the National Geographic, but they include Christian ideals, morals, and concepts throughout the entire magazine.
Photobucket

I'd encourage you to check out their current FREE issue  and see the magazine for yourself.




Photobucket

*** I am a member of The Old Schoolhouse 2011-2012 Crew and receive free products and services in exchange for a thorough and honest review. Though I am compensated with free products, I am not compensated in the form of money for any of my reviews. My reviews will always reflect my honest opinions, findings, beliefs and experiences with the products and services that I receive.***

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker