Friday, August 20, 2010

Yeah! I am on Track ... Again - Fit Mommy Friday



Well, although this week wasn't a huge success, it was still a success. Last week I posted that I was excited because we were going to be able to go swimming on Saturday for 3 hours. Well that plan was foiled ... by the rain. I was disappointed, but the girls seemed devastated. So needless to say, my plan of exercising well this week was off to a rocky start.

However, my friend, over at Fostering My Family had posted about doing the 100 Burpee Challenge and after talking it over with my husband we decided we would join in as a family and modify the Challenge a bit. The 100 Day Burpee Challenge is that on Day 1 you do 1 Burpee, and on day 2 you do 2, etc., until day 100 where you will end up doing 100 burpees. Our modification is we added in punches, kicks, and pull-ups. So each day we will do the requisite number of burpees, pull-ups, kicks (1 per leg =1), and punches (1 punch per arm = 1).

So today marks Day 7. And I have seen results. Even though my eating hasn't been the greatest I lost 2 lbs. Unfortunately it is the same 2 pounds I have lost before (since I got back up to where I started as of last week), but it is still a loss of pounds and that is awesome!

So this week I will be continuing on with our 100 Day Challenge. I also plan on having healthier meals with A LOT less carbs. I also need to be better with my water intake.

So that's it in a nutshell. I hope your week went well and I hope you head on over to Got Chai? and link up to this weeks Fit Mommy Friday post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that was a great week! So you didn't miss a day of your challenge? Let me encourage you not to miss a day...it would be a lot to make up with all that you have going on.

I love that you modified it! By the end you will be doing what will amount to a major Crossfit workout. I did "Angie" a few weeks ago, which is 100 pullups, 100 pushups, 100 situps, and 100 air squats.

So what kind of kicks are you doing? front, side, roundhouse? Or does any kick count?

Kelly said...

I saw that the make-up is not very good, however I'm not sure if I could do that. I think I would just do the day I was on. I'm starting to struggle. I'm only on Day 9 today and I've been waking up every morning stiff as a board.

Kicks are mainly front kicks. But any kick could be doable. We might change that a bit when we get doing more. We'll have to see.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker