Sunday, June 27, 2010

Crazy Reading Week

I am a little late this week with this post, but today has been quite a busy day (but I'll save today's events for another time.) So onto this week's readings.

Seanan is still requesting Are You My Mother? at least once per day. It is very cute to watch such a young child get a book, hand it to you, and then proceed to climb up into your lap so that he can listen to at least half of the book.

Audrie has been interested in a new book that her Savtah brought over this week. I forgot to bring it down when I put them to bed, but it is an alphabet book that comes with magnets for each lower-case alphabet letter. She loves it! She even has been found walking around with the letters and playing with them while "teaching" her brother what the letters are.

Arianna completed B is for Betsy and she's is very excited to read another "Betsy" book soon. But first she has started on the first in the Little House series - Little House in the Big Woods. This one is much shorter than On the Prairie, so I suspect she will complete Big Woods this week.

My husband not only completed his Game Theory book, he also picked up another book called Chance which apparently deals with probability. For now he seems to have put Luther aside for a while. He did bring a new book home from the library today called A Beautiful Math which is an biography of John Nash (who's a math-related person.)

For me, I started reading One Tuesday Morning and I really like it. I'm not sure if that is because of the subject matter (I am originally from New York [upstate, not the city], my parents are originally from New York City, and I still have family who still live in the city) or the writing or both. I am about half way through and it's had some very interesting twists and turns so far. I truly look forward to finding out what comes next.

As a family we are still reading The Secret Garden. That is mainly because of this weeks craziness and we've only read a few chapters. Hopefully this coming week will be a little less crazy and we may be able to finish it.

So I hope that you also have had a great week reading and I would love to hear how your week went. Be sure to stop by Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns and see what others have been reading.



Talk to you next week as we recap our week in reading!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I love that you put in what the entire family is reading! I LOVE books and can't get my hands on enough of them, so this is great - I have lots of books to check out!!

Amber said...

I also wanted to thank you for the book recommendation for reading with my son, I am going to check it out for sure!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Thanks for joining WMCIR! It's great that you are reading as a family, what a great idea. I am sure your children will grow to love books. "Are You My Mother" was one of our favorites too even though it's a bit long for young kids.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker