Friday, April 23, 2010

I can't wait!

Well, tonight is going to be fun. I'm not sure what we are doing, but my wonderful husband is taking me out on a date tonight. We have a babysitter - for all 3 (which doesn't happen much) and he is making all the plans. Originally we had discussed attending the Casting Crowns concert, but then Stephen didn't seem that interested. I think he might be stressing about next week (when he will be gone as a school chaperon all week in Myrtle Beach - but that's another blog) and thinks if we go to the concert he'll be more tired then if we just hang out. So I hope whatever we do is awesome ... which I know it will be. I'm excited! We haven't been on a "date" for some time. Usually the girls go somewhere and we still have Seanan (or brother as we call him). That means we can go somewhere to eat, but that's usually it. No real date plans - just eat somewhere and go home. Seanan's at that stage where he's content for a bit, but then after a short while he's done and wants out of his car seat or stroller so he can walk around and explore, but then he doesn't want to hold hands. Cute as that might seem, when you're on a "date" it can be a bit distracting. One thing I believe is very important is that even though you are married and have children, that you still put effort into your marriage. That is the only way your marriage will continue to thrive. So "dating" your spouse is a necessity. We also plan special events for our anniversaries each year. We have "assigned" years (Stephen has odds and I have evens) and we plan a big anniversary event that can be over many days or just one, but we make it extra special. I think doing these types of things helps encourage one another that you indeed do still love, care, and want to be with each other. Take some time today and plan a date, or special time with your spouse and reconnect. You never know where it might lead you.
So I'm off to get ready and plan for my afternoon into evening date! I love you Stephen - you are the best husband!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker