Friday, December 7, 2018

Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women ~~ A New TOS Review!

You know, I love when a gift idea can also be an idea that will build the faith of my children or niece or nephew or any child striving to know more about God and how HE can play a role in their lives in the here and now. That is why I was excited to be on the review team for the newest offering from Zondervan that will help build the faith of my young ladies through this new Bible devotion. Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women is exactly that, a way to build the faith of young women by showing them how the women of the Bible dealt with all they will face in life.


From the title itself you can tell that these devotions for young women is designed to be read once a day. Unfortunately, I knew that at the time we were getting this we would not be able to commit to that, so I had hoped we'd read it 4 to 5 days of the week. Between us moving and then travelling for Thanksgiving I wasn't sure we'd hit every day and I was right, we didn't. But my girls have been enjoying reading the devotional either on their own, together or one on one with me.

My eldest daughter decided to start where we were in the year ... around day 320, I think, which goes along beautifully with the season we are in. The devotions here start talking about Elizabeth and Mary and then followed by Anna the prohpet who blessed and prophisied over Jesus as a baby. After these important ladies it goes own to talk about the interaction between Jesus and the Samaritan woman for a few days, then on to the woman with the chronic illness and then even to Sapphira.

If you bought this as a Christmas gift (which is a GREAT idea for the young woman in YOUR life) then they might just decide to start at the beginning. Here they would read about the quintesential woman of the Bible - the Proverbs 31 woman, as well as Eve, Noah's wife, and Sarah. Later the devotions will focus on the lives of Miriam, Zelophehad's daughters (do you even remember who they are?), Aksah (another unknown woman in the Bible who had impact), as well as others like Delilah, Deoborah, Samuel's mother Hannah and many others - sixty in total - as they go through triumphs and trials and apply the truths they learn in the lives of the young women reading the devotional.
 Each devotional page is just that, one page. It includes a Scripture in the NIV, a short commentary with some truths we can learn fromt he passage, and then a few lines at the bottom where your daughter can write down her thoughts of what she's dealing with or learning from this devotion.

The beautifully crafted, hard-cover, pink embossed accented book will stand the test of time with firm binding. It even includes a dark pink ribbon to keep their spot easily accessed. And every page is accented with a flower motif in pinks and greens to give a bit of flourish to the pages. And as I mentioned above each day focuses on one of 60 women in the Bible and many for multiple days which shows that their lives impacted others just like the lives of our daughters can and will as well.

For the last few weeks we've been reading through the end portion of the devotional as I mentioned above. My middle daughter likes to do her reading with me, so we've tried to find a time each day when it can just be the two of us and we can cuddle on the couch, read the short deovotion, and then spend a few minutes seeing how we can apply it to our own lives. I've really enjoyed this time with her.
I inteded to do the same with my eldest daughter, but more times then not she had already stolen away with the devotion to spend some alone time with her Father. This encourages my heart that she wants to know her Lord in an intimate way and has tried to allot some time to get closer to Him through these readings.

We've also been able to do a few altogether and the group discussions are eye-opening to where they are on their own individual walk with the Lord. I pray that we can continue to focus daily on Him and use the Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women to help guide us. I encourage you to read the other Crew reviews by clicking the link below and go order one for your daughter. This would be a perfect Christmas present or even birthday or just an I love you present! You can find Zondervan on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest!

Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women {Zondervan Review}

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker