Thursday, July 12, 2018

Faith ... it's Hard.


Why is FAITH so hard? I think it has a lot to do with my/our "American" way of thinking. Faith is the defined in the dictionary as complete trust or confidence in someone or something. In Hebrews 11 it is defined in Scripture as
... the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.
But as Americans we try to predict everything ... every outcome, every detail, so that we can prepare and have a plan of action. It's good to be prepared. But not when we can't deviate from our plan to see God's plan.

HIS plan is all that I want for me, for my children, and for my husband. I want to be HIS hands and feet and I want to do HIS will for my life. And I feel that I haven't been all that I could be for HIM or with HIM. I want to change even more into HIS image and to truly have FAITH. To know that no matter what, HE, the Lord and Creator of the universe cares and has HIS plan for me (and my family.)

But how do I show others that they can have FAITH. The whole rest of chapter 11 of Hebrews goes on telling us of many who had faith and died both seeing what was promised and some never seeing what had been promised. Shouldn't we have some faith.
He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustardseed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
All we need is faith the size of a mustard seed. This is straight from Matthew. Do you know how tiny that is? Let me show you.

That looks huge, but it's compared to itself. So let's see just 1 mustard seed.

Now that is not huge at all. In fact, it is so small that you almost could not see it. And you probably could not pick out what seed it was if I hadn't told you. but that little seed can turn into this.

The hard part now is to have faith. I think I can do that. And I think you can too. Just have faith that HE has you in HIS plan. So if you feel that you are to do something then have faith. Trust that your Father knows what is best for you. Even if it seems you've come full circle and are back at the start, or if it's been weeks, months, or even years, keep the Faith. Walk with HIM. Get to know HIM. Rely on HIM. That is what Faith is.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker