Friday, April 13, 2018

The Princess Cut - Movie Review ~ A New TOS Review!!

These days it is hard to find a romantic drama that is a clean christian film, but we were able to watch one such movie as a family just recently called Princess Cut. It is an award winning film by Watchman Pictures. I'm always happy to watch a movie that the whole family can view together and this certainly fit the bill.
The premise of the movie begins with Grace Anderson, a college aged young lady who is searching for her "Mr. Right", but seems to not really ever pick the right guy. She confides in her best friend in the beginning and let's just say their choices aren't really how I hope my two daughters go about finding a man. She's searching, but keeps coming up with duds. Grace still lives at home with her parents and two younger brothers, but is ready for that next step in life. At the start she seems as if she's in a rush to find "THE ONE", but after a while she settles in on waiting on God's timing for her life and for her relationship.

She believes she has found HIM and that she will get the always dreamed of Princess Cut diamond on her finger from her boyfriend, Stewart, of 15 months. But our dreams don't always come true ... at least not in the first few minutes of this 97 minute long film. But after the disappointment, Grace finds that confiding in her parents and allowing her dad to help her, is really the way to find true love. But will she stick to her plan? Will she find true love and her "Mr. Right"?

Grace, played by Ashley Bratcher, is a Carolina girl ... a fact I found pleasant to stumble across, and may also be recognized from her role in War Room. Once I read this, I knew I had recognized her! Rusty Martin, Sr. plays her dad, Jim Anderson, I also recognized from his prior roles in both War Room and Courageous. I found that all the actors had been in a barrage of other films ... some I had to put on my list to check out.

Here's a trailer for you to enjoy, but I know you will really enjoy this movie.

As many Christian films this does fall into the category of sub-par acting, but I did feel that the storyline had more umph then others I've watched. It also covered ideas of purity, courting, and dating and the effects it can have on the whole family. I know that my girls enjoyed the movie and even though the subject of dating was the main theme my 9yo son also enjoyed it. That could be that the littlest brother in the movie could be him ... antics and such. It was great to watch a movie and not be concerned what might come up in it ... although there is one scene that almost has you asking that, but ...




Here are some other thoughts my family had:
My youngest, my 9yo son, says his favorite part was when Grace was on a date and it started to POUR out of nowhere. It had him laughing.  My two favorite people were the girl (Grace) and the nice boy she ends up with in the end. He also liked when the 2 men got dumped with hay.

My middle daughter, who's 12, says she really liked Grace and the man she ends up with as her husband. My favorite part is when they were harvesting by hand and then the man comes out with the big tractor.

My eldest daughter, who's 14, said "don't trust everyone that seems nice at first. You need to learn about people before you start a deep relationship with them." Her favorite part was when Grace was at the library getting all these books on how to trust and wait for God's timing for your relationships. Her favorite characters were the mom and the little brother. The mom shows how you can trust God no matter what, even if you sinned and have done wrong. The little brother reminded me of my little brother.

My husband chimed in with that the movie is a bit on the conservative side, but it was able to be looked past to see the real message of the movie.

All in all it was a decent, Dove Approved, Christian film that was clean, wholesome, and included humor and some slight moments of tension. We also enjoyed watching The Making Of Princess Cut, Deleted Scenes, Blooper Reel (which my kids ALWAYS want to watch), and Behind the Scenes. One of the sections from the Behind the Scenes was a more detailed on how they got the barn brawl done and was fascinating for my son. He truly loved the 'extras'.
If you would like to check out other reviews you can do so by clicking the link below and see how others on the Crew reacted to this movie. You can find Princess Cut on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google +, and YouTube.

Princess Cut {Watchman Pictures Reviews}



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker