Thursday, March 8, 2018

CursiveLogic Quick Start Pack and The Art of Cursive -- A New TOS Review!!

From early on in our homeschooling I always wanted to be sure that my children had clear and legible handwriting including when they'd eventually be writing in cursive. My middle daughter hadn't started learning cursive yet, even though she's 12yo. However, when I heard that we'd be able to be a part of this review for CursiveLogic where she could learn cursive using a logical approach to teach cursive letters, we jumped at the chance. I knew that this type of approach would work well for my daughter. The day we received our CursiveLogic Quick-Start Pack she seemed very excited to get started. It also came with The Art of Cursive.
Cursive Logic New Edition

The author of this program, Linda Shrewsbury, believes that cursive should not be hard or take long to learn. So in 2010 she designed this program based on 4 letter strings or patterns that she discovered while researching cursive and it's history. This approach was completely new to me and I was very intrigued to learn and see if the result would be as easy as advertised.

For our review we received the CursiveLogic Workbook, access (for 6 months) to a 48 minute CursiveLogic Online Seminar, as well as The Art of Cursive. The workbook has 10 lessons in it divided over its 100+ pages. The first 4 lessons teach the letter strings. The first lesson was called Orange Oval String. You can see it below.

At the back of the workbook there are a few dry erase pages where the student can practice their cursive letters again and again.  The online seminar is through Vimeo and it explains the program in an easy to understand step-by-step program. Since my daughter was older, we watched the video together so that we could both be on the same page when she began working in the workbook. The program is set to be learnt over 10 weeks, but this can be adjusted for your own personal usage. After the very first lesson the student is able to write real words in cursive.

The last item we received was The Art of Cursive. This is aimed for an older student who knows cursive already, but needs a refresher or for an adult who would also like to refresh their cursive skills. It begins with 4 very short lessons and then moves on to become an adult coloring book with 27 stunning pictures to be drawn using a variety of the hidden shapes reinforcing their approach.

The process begins by learning the first set of letters that are grouped together by a common shape. This first set is known as the Orange Oval. There are 6 letters in this first grouping. There is also a chant that goes along and the use of alliteration which helps overall memory along with the physical muscle memory pattern being built. There are 3 other groupings each sharing a common shape. Another good step is that the student learns connection from one letter to the next right away. And it is multi-sensory in its logical approach to teaching cursive.
My daughter has really enjoyed this program and seems to be doing quite well. She has finished all of the lessons that teach the 4 strings and was able to jump ahead in the capital letters to begin working on her signature. She is working on perfecting that this weekend while we are at the homeschool convention. Audrie liked watching the introduction video with me and worked alongside the video instruction at the beginning of the lessons. She hasn't branched out to write in cursive in many other places (like in letters or on other assignments), but I think she will in time now that she's gotten the basics down.
Cursive Logic New Edition March 2018 Discount
I also peeked at the program and tried out The Art of Cursive book for myself. I can't color for long due to my tendonitis, but I'm really enjoying the picture I've been working on. I know that my eldest daughter (and my younger daughter) might end up stealing this book from me ... unless I can hide it from them.
The Art of Cursive Logic

We have really enjoyed this program and I think it is a very well structured program to help your child learn cursive or refresh their cursive program. Right now, CursiveLogic is offering my readers a 20% discount to their Quick-Start Pack when you use the code CREW2018. This code is only good until March 31, 2018 so grab it soon!! And be sure to check out how all my other crew member teammates used this program by clicking the link below!

The Art of Cursive & Quick Start Cursive {Cursive Logic Reviews}

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker