Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Crocheting, Knitting, Cooking, and More

One of the things I hold dear about homeschooling is the ability to do fun things - that are "school" in a way, but really it allows each of my children to be able to express themselves and explore all that there is out there.

For Christmas, my eldest received 2 books - one on crocheting and one on quilling. And she has been steadily working on both these new craft endeavors. I don't have a picture of either of her projects, BUT  she is truly enjoying them. She's even decided to make a temperature blanket for the year! She has had it started, but after we talked with a friend who crochet's for a living she had to take it all out and restart. We also had to change the thickness of her yarn and her needle size. LOL! I'll update once she gets back up and going.

My younger daughter wanted to also learn some crocheting, but she's less confident in her skills. So she tried it for a while and it's now on the side. Her passion lately has been cooking - which is pretty awesome ... less work for me. ;) For Christmas she got a subscription to a company that send her recipes each month. She's gotten 2 boxes and we've managed to do all the recipes from the first box (except the bonus recipe). She had a snafoo with not measuring the baking powder and baking soda out right and her first batch of homemade cookies were ... let's say less than desirable. She made the same recipe again on this past Saturday for dessert when we had some friends over and they were delicious!




And lastly I taught myself how to knit! A friend of mine gave me some pointers and I bought some items including a circular needles and some cool yarn. I then watched a few quick You Tube videos and voila! I even have this to show for my efforts. Isn't it cute?? I hope it will become a headband and I hope I can make 2 (one for each of my girls.) It was much easier then I had anticipated. I'm glad I gave it a whirl!

What kind of fun crafty things are you and yours doing? What hobby have you always wanted to try, but haven't? Why not try this week!
Homeschool Review Crew Weekly Link Up

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker