Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Thin Stix Creativity Pack ~ A New TOS Review!!

Earlier this year we were introduced to these wonderful no mess kids art tempera paint sticks and so they were quickly put on our Christmas lists for my children. But then, something greater happened! We were thrilled to receive the Thin Stix Creativity Pack from The Pencil Grip, Inc. ! When my son opened up the package (which he did so fast I couldn't even take a picture!) he couldn't wait to try them out. I wish I could have waited to Christmas to give them, but who doesn't like an EARLY gift!
Thin Stix Creativity Pack
Straight away the kids went to creating pictures with them. The pack includes 24 colors, with 12 regular colors, 6 neon colors, and 6 metallic colors. As soon as you get the pack and pick your color you can pop off the top and start painting! That easy. No mess. No clean up. And the fascinating thing is it only takes 90 seconds to dry (sometimes even faster)! You can use them on tons of different media - paper (of course), cardboard, poster board, and canvas.

Thin Stix Creativity Pack
Thin Stix Creativity Pack











They come in a nice plastic storage container that is great way to keep them organized and together. I think after a while we might end up having to put them into some kind of case or container eventually. My son isn't great at keeping plastic cases "whole" for a long period of time ... he is just 8. 😁 My favorite thing about them is the no dry time! They are also gluten, egg, and nut free as well as non-toxic. And if you get them on yourself or anything they are also washable.

So since we had these new "colors" (neon and Metallix) we decided to give them a try on exactly what they would and would not work on. My kiddos made a fake plate of food and colored 'glass' stones to make them into grapes and blueberries.
Then they colored some popsicle sticks to look like green beans.

And even a plastic fork!
My daughter evened wanted to decorate her plate - which was tin foil. The Thin Sticks worked on all of the items.
Except for Play-Doh - well it worked, takes WAY longer to dry and kind of messed up the tip pf the tempera paint. But another cool thing is that you can just wipe it off with a paper towel and they are basically back to normal.
They also made some faux stained glass so we could decorate their great grandmother's house windows since she's been stuck inside for weeks with a broken leg!

I even decided to decorate my white pumpkin on my porch. I had a few more on my porch, but I had to throw one out because a bug got it so then my porch wasn't "right". So I thought if I made the white one 'special' it might make the porch better ... I think I did. All I need now is still some hay to complete the look.
The only thing we didn't do was use them on some wood, which I know they will work on perfectly. I couldn't seem to find the little wooden plaques and gifts I had bought for them to make gifts for family for Christmas. They must have gotten packed up ... but when we find them we will certainly be using them!
The Pencil Grip, Inc.
Now these are paint sticks and are reminiscent of glue sticks with their rounded flat ends. That has thwarted some "creative" moments because they can't really get into small areas, like on a detailed coloring page. My son also thinks that the caps should be slightly tapered so that they can pop on the back of the stick similar to the way marker caps do. But they can be layered and blended together (if you work fast) which has been fun to experiment with as well.

Be sure and check out these awesome no mess tempera paint sticks in the Thin Sticks Creativity Pack by The Pencil Grip, Inc., ... you won't regret it!  And you can also find them on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.  And do check out all the other reviews from my fellow Crew members - I'm sure they have tried many more uses to help your creative juices!!

As an added bonus The Pencil Grip, Inc., is offering one of my readers a chance at their very own set!  All you have to do to enter the Giveaway is leave a comment telling me one way you would use these remarkable no mess kids art supplies! I'll be drawing a winner this Saturday (November 25th) at 5p! Be sure to leave a way that I can contact you!!
Thin Stix Creativity Pack {The Pencil Grip, Inc. Reviews}

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker