Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream - A New TOS Review!!

Who doesn't like ice cream?  Not many people.  And for sure not little kids.  And my daughter definitely LOVES ice cream in all flavors.  So who wouldn't like an all girl online game system that is named Always Icecream?  See, I peeked your interest, didn't I?  Thought so.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The Product:
Always Icecream is created exclusively for 7-12 year old girls who can play in both an educational and fun learning experience.  It also has a social community that your daughter can join in that is both certified and
complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).


I love the thought of allowing some social activity with your "real life" friends.   I didn't think my eldest was old enough yet, so we didn't explore that area.  If you want to know more about Always Icecream's safety precautions, I encourage you to read them. One of the best things about this area is that it is moderated; you as the parent are kept in the loop of all friendships; and there are no ads.  What could be better?

The premise of Always Icecream is to reward the girls with "Scoops," the online currency of the game, which can be used to purchase items for their home in MiniWorld or to take care of their virtual pets.  Scoops are earned for practicing basic or advanced math, geography, science, typing and even Bible.  You can even check out the geography game yourself and see how much you know. ;)
Photobucket
You can try Always Icecream for yourselves for just $0.99 for the first month and then a mere $4.99 per month after that.  There are several other payment options including a yearly and a lifetime fee which are greatly reduced.  There's even a way to earn free months for spreading the word!

Our Experience:
As soon as I could I signed Arianna up so that she could get started.  She really seemed to love the look and feel of the program ... especially the PINK - her favorite color!!  She wanted to first start with her pets and virtual world, but mom told her to try and do a few of the 'educational games' first.  She did and then she earned a TON of scoops which she was so happy about because that meant she could buy more items to decorate her house!

After the first few times I have felt comfortable to allow her to play on her own without having to keep an eye out for what might be on the site.  Arianna asks almost daily to play.  I asked her to tell me what she thought about the game.  She told me that some of her favorite games are "math, the state game and well, I really like everything.  I also love making things for my world and home.  And picking the pets and hatching them is very cool too."  She has hatched several pets.  I think that might be her most favorite part.  She has to take care of them and make sure they are fed, bathed, and cared for otherwise they get sad.  It's very cute.
Photobucket

My Thoughts:
I love that this is an all girl site.  I think that helps with its appeal, especially when a lot of other game systems have a lot more 'boy' influenced games.  I also am highly grateful for the educational value to the games. They keep the learning fun AND educational which is always a plus in my book.

The parent area is pretty unique too.  You can sign up to receive weekly emails which will let you know what your daughter has been learning about.  You also have the ability to set it up that when your daughter perform tasks that are done in "real life" (like a chore or practicing an instrument) they can earn more 'Scoops'.  You can even customize the content of the games your daughter plays.

I hope you take the time to read what others on my Crew thought about their experiences with Always Icecream.  And be sure to take advantage of the $0.99 first month option to try it out for your daughters.  And don't forget, I scream, You scream, We all scream for Ice Cream! ... Always Icecream, that is. ;)



*** I am a member of The Old Schoolhouse 2011-2012 Crew and receive free products and services in exchange for a thorough and honest review. Though I am compensated with free products, I am not compensated in the form of money for any of my reviews. My reviews will always reflect my honest opinions, findings, beliefs and experiences with the products and services that I receive.***

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker