Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall: My Favorite Time of Year

I love fall (or autumn whichever you prefer to call it).  I love the colors.  I love the crispness in the air.  I love the smell of the leaves falling and the crunch you hear when you step on them. I love all that Fall is and brings.

I also love what fall represents.  It is the time of harvest ... when you get to "bring in" all that you have worked so hard to cultivate.  And this can be different for different people.  Right now I have several 'harvests' I am working on.

First I have my teeny, tiny garden which doesn't have much growing in it.  However, there are some pepper plants blooming and some which already have the start of peppers on them; we also have had pumpkin plants which have been there since the beginning of the growing season back in March.  I'm hoping those become real pumpkins ... that would be awesome!  We also have some onions, garlic, and potatoes which don't seem to be doing anything, but you never know.

Then I have a relationship I have been cultivating with a new friend.  I have been trying to meet with her regularly, talking with her about life and just sharing my experiences with her.  Praying that the Lord continues to put us together to sharpen each other as we grow in Christ.

Most importantly is the harvest I am seeing from our choice to homeschool.  I thoroughly believe that my daughters have been afforded the absolute best education because of our choice.  My middle daughter, who just started first grade is now reading on her own.  It is not at the same level of her sister, but she was able to go at her own pace and not just be put in a box.

That is just one of the many examples I have, just from this year, that continually reassure me that we have chosen the right path.  So what is your fall harvest?  I'd love to know so please leave a comment. ;)

Or better yet come and join into the TOS Homeschool Crew's Blog Hop.   You will learn more about my crew members on the TOS Homeschool Crew as well as any and all homeschoolers who would like to explore Bringing in the Sheaves - the topic for this month's Blog Hop.

So if you are a homeschooler and would like to join in, we'd love to have you, just be sure to check on the guidelines.  Each month has a new topic and they start on the 2nd Tuesday of each month and continue until the end of the month.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker