Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is not going to be very long considering I am one of the "crazy shoppers" who get up way before any human should (before 4am) to make it to the sales and accomplish what few people can.  Get 90% of Christmas shopping completed.  I am glad to report, I did it!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends.  I also hope that all of you (especially those of you who might have been trying to eat healthy or diet) were able to eat what you wanted (or should) and to not overstuff.

We had Thanksgiving with Stephen's family yesterday and it lasted most of the day.  But it is fun to spend quality time with family that you don't necessarily get to see on a regular basis.  My children made these little turkey place holders (which I forgot to take a picture of) and they were adorable. 

Then tonight we had Thanksgiving at my parents house since that was when all of us could get together.  Much better then splitting the day and feeling like you have to eat at both places in the same day.

As I stated earlier, I also went shopping.  That has been a tradition with my mother for many years now.  Usually my sister goes with us too, but she bailed this year.  We were able to get most everything that we planned to get so that is a very satisfying feeling.  Then I have a few weeks to get some of the non-immediate family gifts and start my plans of baking. 

I pray that all of you are blessed by all your loved ones as you get to spend these few short days with each other.  I also challenge you to make sure you remember WHO it is we should really be thankful for.  At dinner both nights, Arianna asked to hear what everyone was thankful for.  I am thankful for my family, my friends, and for the grace the Lord showers upon us.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker