Saturday, October 23, 2010

Down Time

Tonight, I had an awesome opportunity.  I had the opportunity to spend quality time with some wonderful ladies, and let me tell you something.  I needed that.  I needed to be 'alone' and with other women. 

I have been feeling very isolated lately due to vehicle issues.  I have been spending that time pondering many things, one of which my need to meet and be with other women.  I had been asking the Lord for more opportunities to just chill out with other women and be able to enjoy a fun relaxing time of recharging my battery.

And that is exactly what the Lord granted me.  So this is just a short thanks to my Lord, who hears me and then grants me wonderful presents that I cherish.  Thank you for knowing exactly what I need and when. 

Times like these remind me that there will be desert times and times of plenty.  We need to make sure we take time to recharge so that we are able to keep on giving.  Sometimes, I think as parents, and especially as wives and mothers, we forget that we too need to be taken care of.  We are also in need of love, encouragement and time to just 'chill out.' 

So if you also are going through a desert time  reach out to Him who hears all.  Maybe it is time for you to recharge and get together with other women who can help to refresh and strengthen you for the days, weeks, and months to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!
Could you call me today? I misplaced my old phone.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker