Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Gift

The other day I wrote and told you that I would post about the most awesome Christmas gift I received.  I didn't even have any guesses as to what it might have been.  Well, the wait is over and I will reveal to you what that gift was. ...

SNOW!

Yes!  You read that right ... SNOW!  And you know who gave it to me?  My Father who loves me, just as He loves you. 

Now I know that many of you would not agree with snow being a prized gift to receive for Christmas, but you must know a few things about me.  First of all I live in the South.  South Carolina to be exact and South Carolina is not known for snow, especially during December and around Christmas.
  
Secondly, I am not a 'born and raised' southerner.  In fact, I am quite the opposite.  I was born and reared in upstate New York (and quite proud of it) so snow and cold were a very HUGE part of Christmas.  I even had my own homemade ice skating rink growing up.  So snow is a must for me at Christmas.

I do not remember many snowy winters since coing to live in SC.  However, early in 2010 we had what I called the "Great February Snow" on February 10th.  It was amazing!  See ...


 I had hoped and prayed that for Christmas we would be dusted with snow and we were.  On the day after Christmas we had a snow shower (which didn't really stick much) for several hours and then as the day progressed and the temperatures dropped it began to stick.  Just a little is all I wanted ( so that others wouldn't be so mad at me for praying for the snow.)       :)    This little bit of snow has made me feel like a kid again. 

I will be praying for more snow this winter season (which I'm pretty sure we will get), but for now I gotten my snow fix and am thankful to have such a loving Father who was so thoughtful and loving to share the gift of snow with me.

Thank you Jesus for my snow gift.

[Due to a very horrible headache pictures will be uploaded tomorrow.]

1 comment:

Lorus! said...

I'm a born and bred Southerner - but I'd love to see snow on Christmas (or anytime!) Here in Texas we got some snow in February 2010 as well! In fact we had snow twice in early 2010!!!! And a tiny dusting of snow flurries on Christmas Eve 2009 - even the kids forgot about opening gifts and ran outside to play. I hope you (and I!) are blessed with more snow this season!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker