Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Time to get Serious

Okay, so I've been thinking about this post for a while, and I think I'm just going to do it. So here it goes ...
Several months ago (back around Thanksgiving) I decided I really needed to start losing weight. I knew that the time frame I had picked was not the best, but I made a goal that I thought was doable even with the holidays and such. My goal was about 25 pounds before my birthday. Well, it's not been going so well. I've only lost about 8 pounds total. So I'm trying not to get too discouraged, especially seeing as my birthday is just a few weeks away.
So the other day I signed up with Spark People. It's a website (free) that is an encouragement for your weight loss goals. You put in your goal info, you can log in your food and water intake, your fitness goals, and you get sparkpoints (which I haven't figured out if they really earn you anything or if they are just a mental encouragement of reaching goals). Anyhow, I did this so I'd have some "accountability" about losing weight and watching what I was eating. Since I started a few days ago, I've logged in several times a day to get points, check the site out and log in my food /nutrition journal. The first two days I was well off my pace. The last two days I've come in under my goals. That's refreshing. Now if I could only have time to work in that walk around my neighborhood, I'd be set. Well, I hope now that I've put this into words and people can read it (although I don't really know how many read this blog) that it will catapult my wieght loss and I'd be able to lose closer to my goal before my birthday then what seemed to be a wash (gained weight last month so equalled out my loss/gain to almost nothing). Maybe now I will be encouraged to work and stay away fromt he french fries (McD's) and snack foods and eat more salads and veggies (which I have for the last 3 days). Thank you for listening. And if you are needing encouragement check out Spark People (and no I was not paid for mentioning them). Maybe they can help you out of your rut.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Woo hoo! Good luck! At least the 8lbs was in the right direction.

Now I have a buddy to call when I need it.

So far, I miss coffee, chocolate, truffles, milk, cheese, chicken, and spaghetti the most. But my weight is moving, and I'm feeling much better.

Stick with it. Your life is worth it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker