Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Stephen's 43rd

Happy Birthday (to me)

(Warning: blatant attempt to get some kick backs from Amazon)

As an avid bicycle commuter and tinker, I am constantly fiddling with my bike, and shopping form parts a accessories.  Now that our family has joined Amazon Prime, it is so easy to find items for friends and family or set up my own wishlist. (I made a great one for some cycling gear I wanted)

So, I love my new saddle, an Origin8 Pro Sport.  I like a firm flat saddle, but for commuting, it is nice to have some cushioning.  I was worried that it would be too soft for my tastes.  Pleasant surprise, it is firm but not hard, and absorbs road bumps like they aren't even there.  Plus, it looks great.  I paired it with an Origin8 zero offset seat post, I like my saddle forward a bit on this bike.  I also got a Richtey 60 mm stem to shorten my reach, and raise my position. (It does have drop bars, so I can still get a little low if needed/desired)

I also received a new front rack to help even out some of the weight and put my headlamp out front a little more.

Then there is the drive-train.  I have been wanting to replace my rear derailleur and cassette.  I did so with a new Tiagra short cage and 11-36 cassette.  I am running a home-brew 1x setup.  Shifting is tighter, and the one extra low gear is useful as I tend to cycle up a few 'technical' areas on my way to work.

My only leftover wants are a front rack bag and new bar tape(cloth) to double wrap for more padding.

Lastly, a BIG THANK YOU to all my friends and family for hooking me up.
I love my bicycle.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker