Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Schedules ... not really my favorite.

Welcome to Day 3 of the annual Back to School Blog Hop. Today we will be tackling all things planning.
Back to Homeschool Annual Blog Hop - 2017

I used to be a list taker and planner beyond what many could even handle. It would cause so much stress  to those who saw my lists. So I either had to do them where others couldn't see or just keep them in my head. I did the later, mostly.

Until recently, my planning was more of a general idea of what we needed to accomplish each year and even each semester, but then I'd try to keep it all roughly in my brain of who needed what and why.  It kind of works ... but not well. And NOT when I have a high schooler! So I knew I'd need to do a little more ACTUAL planning and writing it all down to keep track. Then this year we were blessed with being on the review for a wonderful online planner that I am still learning on how to use. I think this will be very useful for both me as a parent and for my daughter, she really likes lists as well. :)

We also have changed up our morning schedule. I felt that our group work in history and science was getting pushed aside more times then keeping with what needed to be done. So I came up with this new MORNING SCHEDULE .

I've posted it on our white board for all to see. It's also facing the kitchen table where we seem to do most of our schoolwork. I think that it will work for us more than our other "schedule" was. How do you schedule out your day?

1 comment:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I find that my kids do so much better when they visibly see what they need to get done for the day. It's a mental thing I guess. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker