Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Glory to God

After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.  Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.  I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.  And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
John 17: 1-5

Christ's request here, near his crucifixion, is that He be glorified SO THAT he could then glorify God the Father.  
Is this your prayer?  or are they more like mine; "please fix my problems, and help me"
Thank you Justin at the Bridge Church for a good message last Sunday evening.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker