Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Know How I Feel?

Do you ever have those days when everything seems to be not going in the right direction? When school takes hours longer then it should. Or your errands that should only be about 30 minutes take like 3 hours. Yeah, I've had a few of those days lately and I'm wondering if there's a reason or rhyme to it.

Maybe not, but I have noticed on those days that seem to go awry it seems I've put off my devotions or slacked off in reading them with intention. So, now I want to remember that when things are going off course to stop, take a minute, breathe and then take a few minutes of quiet time and get back to the heart of things. Why do I do all that I do? For HIM and HIS glory. But I can't be a reflection of HIM when I'm ranting at my son for something that normally wouldn't bother me, but is in this moment because I haven't put GOD first for the day.

It doesn't have to be a long drawn out production. It doesn't have to be chapters upon chapters. It could be just 1 verse with 10 minutes of focused, strategic, purposeful time alone ... with Your Father ... so HE can speak to you. And if you fall or falter, get up and strive to do better and do it the next time. He is always there with HIS hands wide open waiting for you to come spend time with HIM.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker