Friday, January 6, 2017

A Christmas Gift -- A Review of The Beginner's Bible

So how are you all? I've been good. Busy, but good. And today is my first day back to doing reviews! I've missed it A LOT and so glad that I was accepted to be apart of this years Homeschool Review Crew.

For my first review I was blessed to be able to receive The Beginner's Bible by Zonderkidz.
The Beginner's Bible {Zonderkidz}
I was so happy that we were chosen because this is exactly what I've been looking for my son.  He is now reading on his own fairly well and he's been wanting a Bible of his own.  So you can see how this would be the PERFECT gift.

I wrapped it up and could not wait until Christmas Day when he would open it as part of his presents this year.  I was ecstatic when he opened it and exclaimed, "My own Bible!" He even situated on our chair and snuggled down and started reading it within seconds.  That was so heart-warming to my soul.  He proceeded to read the Bible almost every chance he could ... when he wasn't playing with other gifts that he received.  The great thing though is that he kept coming back to the Bible. After a few days he proudly told me that he had gotten to page 94. To say that he was excited is a bit of an understatement.

The other night he told us he wanted to start reading back from the beginning to go through the 6 days of Creation -- one each night.
The Beginner's Bible {Zonderkidz}

Then when he completes that he said he wants to skip around and read the Bible stories randomly and see what God has to show him.  I love that this children's Bible will help build his love for the Scripture by allowing him to read the Bible on his own which will in turn build a strong love for the Father God.

I asked him a few questions the other day to get his perspective on his new Bible now that he's had a few weeks to read and explore the many stories it holds inside. So here's his interview (age 7 3/4):

So now that you've had some time to check out your Bible I would like to ask you a few questions.
          What was your first thought when you opened up your gift?
                    My first thought was COOL, I have a BIBLE!! are some of your favorite parts?
          What are some things you noticed about this Bible that are different then other books?
                    The pages are really thick and I like that so it should help me not to rip them. I also think the pictures on the pages are so bright and colorful.  They did a really good job with that.
          What is one of your favorite things about this Bible?
                    My favorite thing is as I was starting to read if I got more pumped about being able to read it all by myself.
          What are your favorite Bible stories that you've read so far?
                    Well, the Creation story for starters. Especially since we just studied about them while we were doing the 12 Days of Christmas Bible study with the family. Day 6 is six geese a laying which stands for the 6 days of Creation.
 The next one is the Christmas story when baby Jesus comes and is born.
The Beginner's Bible {Zonderkidz}


I hope you can see how very excited and overjoyed my son is to finally have his very own Bible. I know that this will definitely be a well used tool and will help him grow closer to God which is one of my prayers every day for all of my children.

I was finally able to fully peruse through the Bible after a few days and wanted to point out some other great features that are present. For starters, the opening page has a place where you can personalize the Bible. I think that is precious and will be something special in the years to come. Another neat feature is the Dictionary that is included at the back of the Bible.  It has a definition for words that early readers may not know yet.

I also think that the stories that were chosen to be shared within the covers of this Bible are timeless, true children's stories. From Creation through the flood, Jacob and Esau, David & Goliath, the boy king Josiah, the birth of Jesus, even through the journeys of Paul you can see the attention to detail while always using easier words for the beginner Bible reader.

You can visit The Beginner's Bible website for more fun and resources to make your child's endeavor into their study of Scripture even more fulfilling. There are sticker sheets, coloring pages, trivia cards, snack ideas, and more! There is even a FREE app!  You will also notice that this new edition has done a remarkable job in updating the pictures throughout the Bible.  The artwork is now so much more realistic with a 3D rendition which helps each story come to life that more easily. I think it was a great way to celebrate their 25th Anniversary edition.
The Beginner's Bible {Zonderkidz}

I know that we will be using this Bible for years to come and it will fit smoothly in during our homeschool day whether for Bible time or when we are reviewing our church Sunday school lesson and memory verse from the past week.  If you are in the market for purchasing a new Bible for a young child in your life I would HIGHLY recommend The Beginner's Bible by Zonderkidz! I think that my son may even be able to pass this on to his own children one day ... that would be such a blessing!


The Beginner's Bible {Zonderkidz}


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker