Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday 2011

I'm not sure if I have shared this before, but I am one of those crazies that go out Christmas shopping the day after Thanksgiving ... more affectionately called "Black Friday."

Usually I go out and meet my mom and sister, but they weren't in town this year.  But my mother-in-law, who DOES NOT like shopping, asked if I'd like company, I said sure. That way I had company and she'd get some of her shopping done WAY earlier then usual.

But this year was different in another way too. The stores opened as early as ten on Thanksgiving night, and a lot were opening at midnight. So I left my house around 10:30p and started toward Wal-Mart. The parking lot was FULL, but I had said a prayer for a close spot and as I was driving down an aisle, a car backed out from the fourth spot. ;) First blessing.

I found all I needed there except one item so we left around 2 to head to Kohls and Target across the road. We were going to go to Kohl's first, but after going in and seeing the EXTREMELY long lines we would have to stand in for hours, we decided to leave.

At Target we stopped for a drink and snack before searching for more deals and sales. That snack break was badly needed since my feet were hurting soooooooo bad.

So there were some more stores to go to, but my mother-in-law was very tired, as was I, and she was going to be watching my children later that day so she needed to get some rest. I made it back home by 4:30am.

After sleeping in Friday morning, thanks to my wonderful hubby, I was a little refreshed; enough to get some more shopping done in the afternoon with hubby and without kids.

All in all, a great day, great savings, and great time to get into the Christmas spirit.  I'd love to hear if you venture out on the busiest shopping day of the year. Did you find any good deals?

2 comments:

Carissa Blanchard said...

Yeah, we went out too! But not nearly as early as you did! My husband and I left the house at 5 to go a store that opened at 6, we brought our 4 year old and 7 month old with us! We found the best stuff at a Christian book store, Veggie Tales DVD's for $1.99 and lots of CD's for $5.00. We waited in the check out line for over an hour to pay! It was crazy, but fun! Merry Christmas!

Cristi said...

I usually go out on Black Friday, but I found that I could order almost all of the deals I really wanted online.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker