Friday, August 19, 2011

I Might Write a Book

It would be a children's book, but still ... that counts, doesn't it?

See a few weeks ago my son wanted me to tell him a story, but he wanted one he hadn't heard and it was at  night time and the lights were off so I couldn't "read" him one.  So I decided I'd make one up.  When my girls were little I told them stories that I made up with Princesses in them and a variation of their names were the Princesses names.

Well with this one I based the story on a little prince and the prince wanted a pet. BUT, I am not going to tell you WHAT the pet was!  (Ha! I know, I'm mean, but if I write the book I'd like you to READ it.)

Well, the amazing thing about this 'story' is that it has become a book.  He now asks for it to be read every day, usually at night time and sometimes at nap or in the middle of the day.  I've retold it so many times that he can tell the story himself.  It is quite cute.  He even makes others tell the story (which was kind of funny since Daddy and Savtah hadn't heard the story before the time they had to tell the story.)

So now I am trying to rework it in my head to make it more appealing.  I've even talked to my mother-in-law about doing the illustrations for me (she's a VERY good painter).  So I think I can truly say I am writing a book!  Never thought I would write (Ha! - a pun) those words.

Are you doing or planning to do something you NEVER thought you would?  I'd love to hear what. Drop me a line and let me know. ;)

2 comments:

Noteable Scraps said...

Of course a children's book counts. You go, girl! I am getting my first children's book published. Check out http://www.amazingbydesign.blogspot.com.

Stopping by from the TOS Crew!

-Debbi

Anonymous said...

I think this is an awesome idea! And we are looking forward to hearing the story.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker