Monday, February 21, 2011

Everything Christmas - A NEW REVIEW!

I received the book Everything Christmas by David Bordoon and Tom Winters for free from Waterbrook Multnomah. I chose this book mainly because of my love of Christmas.

I found this book to be quite educational as well as fun and full of wonderful stories and poems that helps you get into the Christmas spirit. Everything Christmas is truly just that. From jokes, to quotes, to stories, songs and recipes, there is something in this book for everyone.

I found my favorite parts to be the traditional dinners of various countries.  These brief glimpse into Christmas all around the world could help transform your ideas of other countries or enhance a unit study of that particular country.  I think as the years go by, we may even pick a country and celebrate Christmas as if we were from that country.  And with eleven to choose from you could do one per week up until Christmas, one per month, or one per year.

Another of my favorite parts were the Christmas Quotations.  I used many of them as my status on Facebook for the month of December. 

Everything Christmas is over 310 pages of information on one of my favorite times of the year.  I know that this would be perfect for a gift  or as a keepsake for your family.  It is set up to have one section read on each day from December 1st through December 24th.  Or you could read the book straight through (like I did.)  You could also scan the book by using the index in the back that separates each of the entries by its topic.  The topics are Christmas Crafts and Decorations; Christmas Dinners; Christmas Gifts; Christmas Memories, Letters, and Reflections; Christmas Poems; Christmas Quotations; Christmas Recipes; Christmas Scriptures; Christmas Songs, Carols, and Hymns; Christmas Stories; Christmas Traditions; and Christmas Trivia and Humor.

Here's one of the many crafts included in this book:
Everything Christmas Pine Cone Craft

I know that it is not Christmas and some of us do not even have the hint of winter any longer, but I loved this book.  I believe it can be read at any time of the year to remind us of the happiness of Christmas no matter what season it may be.  So be sure and check out Everything Christmas available from Waterbrook Press.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker