Friday, November 19, 2010

Worksheets Made Fun - New TOS Review

Lately I have been using worksheets to help bridge some of the concepts we have been coming across either in math or English.  I really think that sometimes worksheets help a child get more practice when they need it and not just fill up their day with busywork.

Thankfully I was asked by KB Teachers to review their premium website, right in the nick of time.  I had already exhausted a few other sites of all their free worksheets on several different math related concepts when this review fell into our lap.

The Product:
KB Teachers is website full of tools and materials for teachers and parents alike.  The site is geared for ages K - 8th.  For a low $29 you have access to all the site has to offer for one full year.  And you get a discount if you sign up for two years.  The cost then is only $49.  That fee gives you access to countless worksheets in many categories including math, English, science, social studies, even clip art.

My Experience:
I found many things on this site very useful.  As I stated when I began this post, I had almost exhausted other sites of their free worksheets to use as a help in making certain math concepts more concrete and give enough drill.

For instance, I've been introducing Arianna to fractions, counting with money as well as working on telling time with an analog clock.  On KB Teachers you can find an entire page with different worksheets that can be created for help with telling time.

Most of the worksheets I was able to create gave the option to generate a new form so you could use the same basic layout but the combination on the page would be different.  This allows for a unique worksheet every time you want to work with just learning quarters.

Another very interesting feature of KB Teachers is that they have something called webquests.  A webquest is a mini learning adventure while researching (or just plain searching) while on the world wide web.  Each month they have a new set.  They also send you free worksheets in their newsletter.

One other cool feature I found was their specific worksheets that correspond with holidays.  For instance, with Thanksgiving just around the corner lots of us are out there looking for some "fun" learning.  Well if you go to the Thanksgiving Activities section on KB Teacher you will find a plethora of worksheets for all ages, and some are FREE!

My Thoughts:
I can see where some people would not be as interested in this type of service due to the price of ink and paper.  But I am not one of those people.  I scour the Internet tirelessly trying to keep my lessons both interesting and fun while still being able to drill the necessary concepts.  I believe KB Teachers helps me do just that.

I had a lot of fun exploring this site for many worksheets, not only for Arianna but also for Audrie.  Most of her papers revolved around letter activities and numbers, but she was thrilled to get her "own school papers" from mom.

I did have some printing issues (which may have to do with my Linux system, but the true culprit is still undetermined.)  However, the customer service has been AWESOME.  They are quick to answer you and from what I can see they are constantly trying to make their site the best it can be.

So I encourage you to head on over to KB Teachers and check them out.  They have a 10 Day Unlimited Free Trial that is backed by a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee when you pay with a credit card.  So with that you have nothing to worry about.  And if you want to hear what others have to say you can go listen to their experiences.


*** I am a member of The Old Schoolhouse 2010-2011 Crew and receive free products and services in exchange for a thorough and honest review.  Though I am compensated with free products, I am not compensated in the form of money for any of  my reviews.  My reviews will always reflect my honest opinions, findings, beliefs and experiences with the products and services that I receive.***

3 comments:

Monica said...

Nice review. Dropping by from the Crew. My girls K and 2nd liked what we used from KB too. They have a lot of pages! I found their Cust. Service helpful too.
Monica

Just an Average American Mom said...

We enjoyed this review also.

Have a wonderful day :)

Dawn said...

What a wonderful, thorough review! I loved it too but am one of those families that has to watch the cost of ink so we didn't get to utilize it as much as would have liked. Blessings my friend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker