Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cat Tails to Magnolias

This last week on one of our walks I finally remembered to take my camera. We were combining exercise and our One Hour Challenge. We went close to sundown, but still light enough to get great pictures. We've been working on listening to all the sounds the creatures make and how the sounds are different at night compared to those we might here during the day. At the back corner of our 'square' there is a pond, which right now you can not see at all due to all the weeds that have grown up around it. However, once you are close you can see some wonderful cattails. Here's the best picture I could get of those.

We have also been looking at our trees lately, and how each trees bark and leaves are different. Along our back yard we have magnolia trees. They look wonderful, but I do not enjoy their smell - so I am glad that ours don't bloom quite right. They seem to keep blooming with only one bloom at a time. I was also quite sure that 'blooming season' for magnolia's has past, so this was an interesting shot to capture at the end of June.

On another day while setting up our new pine straw bale garden (which I pray works), I was looking in the triangle bulb garden and I came across another flowering bulb which I have no idea what it is. I don't even remember planting these, but the sure are pretty.


Hope you have been enjoying nature even though the heat is starting to smother us. See you next week.

2 comments:

Pebblekeeper ~ Angie said...

Thanks for sharing the tree walk - and THANKS for helping Guiding Light's blog on the tabs. Its EXACTLY what I have been looking for but couldn't figure out how to do it on word press. and, its why I have several blogs . . . . . I'm off to excitedly do some research!

Mrs. White said...

The pictures are lovely. I can't even remember the last time I took a walk - just to take a walk. This is inspiring!

Blessings
Mrs. White

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick Linker